Buy everything for the kitchen here
If you are looking for a healthy, hearty low carb recipe then please enjoy this recipe for delicious cabbage soup. This is a wonderful recipe that will not only tantalize your taste buds, but it will help in your efforts to trim down. Please comment, like, subscribe, and share!
1/2 head cabbage, roughly chopped
3 ribs of celery, diced
11/2 yellow onion, diced
3 medium carrots, shredded
4 tablespoons of bacon drippings or olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
14 ounce can (or more) diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoons basil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 ounces of white mushrooms
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Gather the ingredients and prepare the vegetables.
2. In a large Dutch oven, heat bacon drippings or olive oil. Add onions to bacon fat and cook until almost tender. Add garlic to onions and cook for one minute. Add celery and carrots, saute for 10 minutes.
3. Add oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes saute about 1 minute.
4. Add cabbage and coat well with drippings
5. Add mushrooms and diced tomatoes stir well
6. Add chicken broth let simmer 10 to 30 minutes until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust seasonings to taste
8. Serve and enjoy